At Virscidian Inc., we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. You can navigate the majority of our site without giving us any personal information about yourself. However, sometimes we need additional information about you in order to provide the information or services you are requesting.
Your privacy is important to us. To protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on every page of our site, particularly at every point where you may opt to provide us your personally identifiable information.
The information we collect on this site
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Virscidian Web site. We collect information in several ways, which are described below:
1. On some pages, you may be able to register and receive information on an automated, “alert” basis. The type of information that you can register to receive on an automated basis may include general information about Virscidian such as:
* Press releases
* RSS Feeds
* News and presentations
* Video and audio archives
The personal information collected when you register to receive information on an automated basis is your contact information including email address. Each time you receive an automated email alert, you have the option of canceling your registration and removing your email from the database by sending an email to email@example.com.
2. On some pages, you can register to receive customized information. This information is generally collected on “Contact Us,” or “Download” forms where you can ask a Virscidian representative to contact you in order to answer questions or provide specific information. The personal information you provide on these forms may include your name, title, company name, address, contact numbers, and email.
3. On some pages, you can choose to register to receive access to webcasts, periodic newsletters, or information on a specific Virscidian product or service. Generally, the personal information collected when you register to receive this type of information is your name, company, affiliation, phone number and email address. This information is collected for qualification and aggregate measurement purposes only.
4. On some pages, you may choose to enter personal information about yourself that may allow you access to specific Virscidian information or services. For example, qualified customers may enter identifying information that allows you to access Virscidian media based resources, which may include project and product resource documentation.
5. The way we use information:
5a.We store the information you provide about yourself in a secure environment in order to provide you with the information, products, and/or services you request. The information is stored for the lifetime of the system unless you request that it be removed. The information you provide us about yourself will be shared with Virscidian employees or contractors who are bound by a Virscidian confidentiality agreement to the extent necessary to accommodate your request. For example, if you provide your name, mailing address, telephone and email address and request more information about Virscidian’s services, this information will be shared with appropriate Virscidian personnel or contractors to fulfill your request. This information will not be shared with any outside third parties.
5b. We use non-identifying and aggregate information about the use of our Web site to improve the navigation, content, and design of our site. This information may include, for example, the most and least requested pages and the number of users from the U.S. and other countries, among other things.
5c. Finally, unless otherwise excepted below, we would not use your personally identifiable information provided to us online for purposes other than those you requested without also providing you an opportunity to agree or otherwise limit such unrelated purposes.
6a. Except as described above, we will not otherwise use or disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except to the extent reasonably necessary: (i) to correct technical problems and malfunctions and when we process your information; (ii) to protect the security and integrity of our Web site; (iii) to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others; (iv) to take precautions against liability; (v) to comply with laws or to respond to judicial process; or (vii) to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter as applicable or otherwise required or permitted by law.
7. Our commitment to data security
7a. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
8. Cookies and other anonymous web tracking techniques
8b. We receive IP addresses in the normal course of the operation of our Web site. An IP address is a number assigned to you by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. Although we do receive IP addresses, we do not use them to identify you personally or disclose them to others.
9a. A blog is a short form of the term “Web log”, which is a Web site with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. An External Corporate Blog is a publicly available Web log where company employees, teams, or spokespersons share their views. It is often used to announce new products and services, to explain and clarify policies, or to react to public issues on certain topics. It also allows for informal interaction of the public with the company that is less formal than traditional press releases. It encourages dialogue rather than a monologue. Virscidian may use a corporate blog on this Web site that can provide additional value to your experience on this Web site. It allows for enhanced transparency and personal accessibility to our company. Virscidian’s Blog has a moderator to assure that inappropriate content is not posted. When you participate in the Blog, your identity is anonymous, but your email address will be public, if you choose it to be.
10. Our commitment to children’s privacy
10a. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not intend to collect or maintain information at our Web site from those we know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Web site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
11. How you can access or correct your information
11a. You may update or remove the information you provided to us by using the Email Alert Form. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business.
12. Links to other web sites
12a. Our Web site may contain links to other Web sites. You should carefully review the privacy policies and practices of other Web sites, as we cannot control or be responsible for privacy policies or practices of third-party Web sites that are not Virscidian’s Web properties. For links to other Virscidian’s Web properties, please review those privacy terms as well, as they may differ from those on this Web site.
13. Notification of changes
14. How to contact us
14a. Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us at +1 919 809 7651 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org